Protecting your flooring investment is as important as the flooring decision itself. Here are some general hints and tips to help maintain and protect your floors.
· Use walk off mats at every entrance. Using walk off mats will keep the dirt from the outside on the mat rather than inside on your floors where they can scratch the surface.
· Use the manufacturer’s cleaning recommendations. They have spent a lot of time, effort and energy coming up with the best care products for your floors. If you are not sure who manufactured your floor, leave a comment and we can give you some more general advice.
· Use floor protectors, especially on hard surface floors. These are important to prevent permanent scratching, gouging and denting.
· Do not drag furniture or other heavy items across any type of floor. It can also cause permanent damage.
· Different floors need to be cleaned with different products and with different applicators. Use the correct method for each different type floor.