Today’s post is part of the annual Bathroom Blogfest where bloggers from around the globe write about the importance of bathrooms in the customer experience. Posts come from a wide range of perspectives that include sociology, marketing, research, psychology, environmental, customer experience, and user-experience design. Today’s post is about bathroom tile design. In my experience, the design of the bathroom and assistance with that design is crucial to the customer experience.
This bathroom demonstrates a fantastic example of what can be done with the use of multiple tiles, especially mosaic tiles.
Some things to note about this bathroom:
- The basic white marble floor serves as a perfect canvas for a shower with such a distinct design and color scheme.
- The crispness of this color scheme compliments any additional fixtures that are clean lined and simple.
- The side walls of the shower are a 1×2 clear glass subway tile as to not distract from the pattern on the back wall.
- The placement of the focal point pattern is well placed because it can be seen as soon as you enter the bathroom.
- Glass mosaics are typically sold in 12″x12″ sheets of solid colors. The designer of this shower chose to separate the individual sheets into strips and use those strips to create this striking, eye catching pattern.
- The accent color (orange) in this bathroom allows for the use of coordinating towels, artwork and bedroom textiles for a clean and coordinated look.
This shower really helps you see the potential of designing with tile. With typical tile shapes there are endless installation options, but mosaics open that door even further. Imagine what you could create just by introducing one more color or creating different shapes from a 12″x12″ sheet of mosaics. This shower design is truly inspiring!
Are you inspired? As part of the Bathroom Blogfest, we want to see who can design the most spectacular bathroom using our virtual room designer tool. Simply click here, choose the bathroom style you like the most and start designing!
Once you have designed your bathroom, select save below the image and save to your workbook. You will need to register in order to do this.
**Remember to use the promo code BathroomBlogfest09 on the registration form so we will know you are a contest participant.
The winner will receive a $50 coupon on Tile Cleaner Direct.
Other Participating Bloggers Include:
•Susan Abbott at Customer Experience Crossroads http://www.customercrossroads.com
• Reshma Anand at Qualitative Research Blog http://onqualitativeresearch.blogspot.com/
• Shannon Bilby and Brad Millner at My Big Bob’s Blog http://blog.mybigbobs.com/
• Laurence Borel at Blog Till You Drop http://www.laurenceborel.com/
• Jeanne Byington at The Importance of Earnest Service http://blog.jmbyington.com/
• Becky Carroll at Customers Rock! http://www.customersrock.net
• Leslie Clagett at KB Culture www.kbculture.blogspot.com
• Katie Clark at Practical Katie http://practicalkatie.blogspot.com/
• Iris Shreve Garrott at Checking In and Checking Out http://circulating.wordpress.com/
• Julie at Julie’s Cleaning Secrets Blog http://cleaningsecrets.greatcleaners.com/
• Marianna Hayes at Results Revolution http://www.resultsrevolution.com
• Maria Palma at People To People Service http://www.people2peopleservice.com/
• Professor Toilet at Professor Toilet’s Blog http://www.professortoilet.com/
• David Reich at My 2 Cents http://reichcomm.typepad.com/
• Bethany Richmond at The Carpet and Rug Institute Blog http://www.carpet-and-rug-institute-blog.com
• Carolyn Townes at Becoming a Woman of Purpose http://spiritwomen.blogspot.com
• Stephanie Weaver at Experienceology http://experienceology.blogspot.com
• C.B. Whittemore at Flooring The Consumer http://flooringtheconsumer.blogspot.com and Simple Marketing Blog http://www.SimpleMarketingBlog.com
• Linda Wright at Lindaloo.com: Build Better Business with Better Bathrooms http://lindaloo.com/
Other ways to follow the Bathroom Blogfest:
The website: http://www.BathroomBlogfest.com
The Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bathroom-Blogfest/124443309541?ref=ts
This year’s sponsor of the Bathroom Blogfest: http://www.bathroomblogfestdeal.com/