Today we are answering the third question in the 1o part series: Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Flooring.
Question: Is laminate a good choice for homes with kids and pets?
Answer: Laminate flooring is an excellent choice for homes with children and pets. Laminate is a manufactured product that simulates the look of hardwood, ceramic tile, natural stone and many other types of flooring. In the past, laminate floors have been easy to spot, but today’s technology allows manufacturers to create realistic visuals and textures for an elegant and quality floor.
- Extremely durable
- Moisture resistant
- Scratch resistant
- Easy to maintain
- Many color ranges to choose from (more grain and movement hide dirt!)
- Less likely to fade in sunlight
- Great impact and indentation resistance
- Easy to replace if damaged or desired
- Some styles can be slippery for children in sock feet – use area rugs here
- Pet urine needs to be removed as quickly as possible
- Walk off mats should be used at every entrance to minimize dirt that can scratch the floor
- Using area rugs will reduce the noise of children playing
Do you have a home with children or pets where you have used laminate flooring? What have your experiences been?
Leave a Reply