Today we are answering the ninth question in the 1o part series: Top 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Flooring.
Should I use the same floor that my mother/neighbor/best friend used because it sure looks good in her house?
You should only have the same floor as someone else if you have the same floor plan, on the same lot, with the same lifestyle, the same taste and the same budget. Not a likely situation, right?
Choosing the right flooring for your home depends on a variety of factors such as:
- Room size and layout
- Amount of light available in the room
- Lifestyle (kids, pets, elderly parents)
- Amount of time you plan to spend in the home
- Personal design style and taste
- Style of the home
- Activity planned for the room
- Other design elements in the room such as wall color, furniture, art, etc.
It can seem like such a good idea when you see a floor in someone else’s home that looks really nice and to just assume that because it works for them that it will work for you. You may very well need or want the exact same type of flooring as someone else, but please be sure to consider the factors above before making that decision and also be sure not to expect the floor to look exactly the same in your home.