The holidays are here and we all know what that means – company’s coming! With the knowledge that there will be more traffic on your floors during the holiday season, we wanted to start you off early with some quick and easy tips to protect your floors. These quick and easy hints can help prevent unnecessary damage to your floors.
- Be sure to place walk off mats at every entrance. Keeping those mats clean is just as important as having them in the first place. These mats will keep dirt and sand from scratching the finish on your floors.
- Check all of your chairs to be sure that not only do they all have chair protectors on the bottoms, but that they are in good shape. They aren’t any good if they are worn through!
- Consider vacuuming more often than usual. With more traffic comes more dirt! Thorough vacuuming removes loose dirt and dust from the fibers. Over time these particles dull your carpet’s appearance; frequent vacuuming maintains the beauty of your floor covering and extends its life.
- If your home has hardwood floors and your guest come in high heals, if you feel comfortable doing so, you may want to ask her to remove those high heels before walking on your hardwood floors. Did you know that the average sized woman’s weight exerts 2,000 pounds per square inch of force when wearing high heals?
- Don’t worry if you get a stain, check our floor care guide for the RIGHT way to treat most any stain. It is important to treat stains as quickly as possible. When in doubt, you can always call a professional!
We hope these hints and tips help you this holiday season. Do you have any quick tips to add to share with others? If so, please leave a comment!