When it comes to interior decorating, people can often forget about the powder room. Just like your kitchen or living area, the powder room is important to incorporate your own style. Keep in mind it’s one of the most utilized rooms in a home and is seen not only by you, but also your family and guests.
Bathroom designs used to be restricted by the usual basics – a toilet, sink, and mirrors. More often now, homeowners are breaking out and experimenting with different design ideas. There are always great deals and finds happening, which can make this design process much more affordable just in case you don’t want to go out and splurge.
Here are a few decorating choices for a Powder Room:
- Wall Paper. Install subtle wallpaper or add dramatic patterns to give your powder room a distinct look. There are an endless variety of wallpaper choices so you can cater to your personal style. Choose gorgeous wallpaper that will match the overall theme of your home and one you can enjoy.
- Lighting. Hang a chandelier or a chandelettes at the center of the powder room or directly above a vanity set to give your powder room that wow effect. By adding nice lighting or a detailed fixture can really enhance the overall feel of the room since some powder rooms can be smaller in size.
- Sink. Use a cabinet or vanity sink for more storage. You can find many different types and styles. If it’s a small space, try a pedestal sink. They’re simple, and can add an element of design into your powder room.
- Art. If you have a big empty wall in your powder room, hanging a piece of artwork will give it an added identity.
- Flooring. The flooring can dictate the mood and theme that you want to set for your powder room. There are so many choices between hardwood, ceramic tile, stone, laminate, etc. Don’t forget, you can always make a pattern out of your floor covering choice.
Gone are the days when the mirror is the only decorating piece that you can add to your powder room. An added tip: try drawing inspiration from a wonderful hotel powder room you’ve seen before.