Updating your laundry room seems to be last on your priority list. Having a nice laundry room would be amazing, but you do not see yourself moving forward with any remodeling right now. That is understandable when there are more dominant rooms like your kitchen or living room, but what if we told you that you could accomplish it in one day? Updating your laundry room does not need to be time-consuming or frustrating with these simple tricks.
Easy Laundry Room Updates:
- Add a Fresh Coat of Paint. Switching up your room’s paint color can change the room’s feel and appearance. Laundry rooms are usually boring, but yours does not have to be. Try using a vibrant color, one that you would not normally use throughout your home. Appliances are usually simple and they will not distract from your powerfully colored walls.
- Incorporate Baskets. Baskets are essential to organizing your laundry. Try incorporating your baskets inside of the lower cabinets or invest in tasteful baskets that can be left out as a part of your decoration.
- Install New Light Fixtures. Invest in some quality light fixtures for your laundry room. It is important to see stains on your clothing and lighting can play a factor in that.
- Change The Knobs. Update your current laundry room by putting on new cabinet knobs/handles.
- Separate The Space. Depending on your space, adding curtains or a door can section off the room. If you do not have a “laundry room,” you can add a door or curtain in front of the washer and dryer to section it off from the rest of the house. Make sure that the flooring creates a dividing line as well. Laundry rooms or spaces should have flooring that can handle water!
- Personalize it. Hang pictures and fun artwork from your walls to add personality to the room. You can even add a gallery wall to accent a specific wall in the space.
- Replace Your Sink. Laundry rooms sinks get worn and torn easily. Consider swapping out your current sink for a newer model. There is an assortment of sink choices to select from ranging in various prices.
Choosing to do all of these or some of these can wash away your laundry room blues. We hope you enjoy these simple tricks for updating your laundry room.