The weather is beginning to cool off and the next thing you know your guests will be knocking on your door for the holidays. Prepare your home for the season with our simple fall decor ideas!
8 Decorating for Fall:
- Cuddling season. Your weather may have already begun getting cold. A great piece of decor to have out in your home is blankets. You may even want to put some blankets outside if you plan on spending time outdoors.
- Fall finds. Decorating for fall does not mean everything has to be store-bought. You can find a lot of decor pieces in nature and tie them into your design. The items you find can make great centerpieces on your dining room table.
- The metal of fall. When you think of fall, you probably think of warmth and orangey-hues. That is why copper is the perfect metallic color to accent your fall decorations. Copper is warm enough that it will tie in well with all of your other decor pieces.
- Warm on up. It is out with the cold and in with the warm (colors). Fall is the perfect time to incorporate warm hues into your decor. From reds to yellows, your house will instantly feel homier.
- Swap it like its hot. Change out the pictures inside of some of your picture frames to match the season. You can even make a family event out of it. Go to a park with your family. Photograph the season then place the pictures you took inside of your frames!
- Take it outside. Do not forget to decorate the outside of your house during this season! For a fun family activity, you can buy some pumpkins to carve and use them as decorations outside.
- Add layers. If you are waiting to turn on your heat, you may want to put plenty of layers on your bed. Load your bedrooms with extra blankets for when the temperature drops.
- Cozy by the fire. Fall is the perfect time to get your fireplace up and ready for the winter months. Plus, firewood can be an amazing fall decor piece. Set up your fireplace for use now and you may find yourself using it during the fall.