Decorating around a theme is often the best way to create a room that brings you joy. It provides an easy way to ensure that the room is ‘pulled together’ by way of a common thread. It also helps with decisions such as color selection, accessorizing, and furnishings. Rather than wonder whether or not to buy that amazing couch you just found, you can quickly and confidently say ‘yay or nay.’ Either it works with the theme or it doesn’t!
To make it even easier we have outlined the basics below in short bulleted lists. We’ve found that when working theme it’s more effective to pick and choose possibilities a la carte. Otherwise you risk ‘overdoing it’ with the theme and end up with a room that might look it belongs in a theme park. Less is more. Lastly, when going about it this way the overall project seems less daunting. Just pick what you like and work it into your plan!
In this article on we are going to dish about the fabulous look of 1960’s inspired mod décor. If you bold pops of pure color and geometric shapes, this is the theme for you!
- Color Pallet Options:
- Warm red
- Dark yellow
- Sky blue
- Kelly or spearmint green
- Suspension lighting
- Glass lamp with a swag chain
- Pendant lights
- Upholstered couches and chairs
- Skinny wooden legs
- Bold or pop colors
- Multifunctional, such as an end table designed to also hold magazines
- Atomic inspired pieces, for example, radial sun clock made of metal, boomerang-shaped coffee table
- The walls
- Built-in cabinetry
- Funky, loud wallpaper
- Large mosaic comprised of numerous small hexagonal mirrors
- The floor
- Shag rugs
- Luxury vinyl plank with brightly colored, textured rugs
- Colored tiles (Yes! They are making a comeback!)
Are you ready for a 1960’s comeback? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Leave a Reply