BR-111 Pioneers an Entirely New Category of Exotic Hardwood Flooring Where Luxury and Strength are Matched Only by Eco-Friendliness
Rarely does a floor stop visitors in their tracks. Yet for anyone who’s never seen, say, Santos Mahogany, the first impression is nothing short of breathtaking. It’s just one of the many luxurious selections offered by BR-111™ Exotic Hardwood Flooring, the company that has pioneered an entirely new product category, aptly described as three times stronger than oak—and ten times sexier. The BR-111 color palettes, graining, and unique shapes inspire new design concepts for floors, walls, and accent areas alike.
The offerings from BR-111 defy comparison to traditional oak flooring. The colors reflect exotic species, such as Brazilian Walnut, Tiete Chesnut, and Tigerwood. “Our palette is unlike anything you’ve ever seen,” says BR-111 president Ricardo Moraes. “There are more than 15 different species and 30 different colors. It’s a radical reinvention of what people think of ‘hardwood.’”
While traditional plank-style products are certainly available (in wide and narrow, solid and more-affordable engineered wood), BR-111 also offers high-style mosaics, in patterns such as Cubix, Corduroy, and Blox that simply outdare the conventions of wood for the floor and walls. “It’s a design revolution. You’ve just got to see what these exotic wood species do when they take on the horizontal and vertical,” notes Moraes.
BR-111 wood is harvested from Brazil with strict adherence to official Brazilian and third-party forest-sustainability guidelines. And since they last virtually forever, BR-111 hardwood floors don’t end up clogging landfills, as do lesser floor-covering products. It all adds up to a clean conscience for any homeowner, designer, or architect.
BR-111™ Exotic Hardwood Flooring has been transforming ordinary rooms into extraordinary spaces for nearly 20 years. As the pioneer in exotic hardwood flooring, BR-111 offers the largest selection of exotic species, color palettes, shapes and finishes with a level of high-style and durability unattainable with common domestic hardwoods. Three times stronger than oak and ten times sexier, BR-111 exotic hardwood is ideal for making a bold statement from floor to ceiling. Adding to its intrigue, all BR-111 timber is eco-consciously harvested under forest management regulations stipulated by the Brazilian Environment and Renewable Resource Institute. In addition, BR-111 is the proud founder of The BR-111 Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to furthering socio-economic progress in Brazil. For more information, visit www.br111.com.
The image shown is: Macchiato Pecan (BR-111– 5/16” Solid)
Did you catch yesterday’s blog post on New Wave Enviro’s bath filter? If you didn’t, here’s a link.
New Wave Enviro has generously offered the readers of From the Floors Up the opportunity to win one of their products.
All you have to do is leave a comment with the answer to this question, “Which of the products is your favorite or most useful and why?” of the products on their website . A representative from New Wave Enviro will choose a comment and the winner will receive a complimentary 1 liter stainless steel water bottle. The retail value for this product is $17.99. Click on the products link above to view all products.
Details about the bottle: (see image above)
- 1 liter stainless steel bottles
- Rugged, reliable and virtually indestructible
- Stainless steel – cools quickly, sanitary material for safely transporting any beverage
- Insulated bottle tote available for 1 liter bottles
- Pop-up sports caps and screw-in caps are available for 12 oz., 1 liter and 40 oz. bottles
Thanks to New Wave Enviro for providing our reader give away. Thank you to our readers for your comments!
The winner will be chosen on Thursday, October 1, 2009.
Have you ever noticed that everyone seems to have a filter for your shower head, but what about for the bathtub!?! New Wave Enviro Products has a bathtub filter called the Splish Splash Bathtub Filter.
Features of this filter:
- Removes harmful effects of chlorine from your bath in just minutes
- Enjoy a healthier bathing experience with natural feeling rainwater like freshness
- Softer skin and hair
- Improved lathering and sudsing
- Non-toxic and safe for the whole family including pets
- Filter is effective for about 200 baths or 1 year
Splish Splash Natural Bath Dechlorinator Filter is highly ideal for bathing infants and children who are more susceptible to the harmful effects of chlorine. It is easy to use: just hook the 18″ lanyard attached to the top of the water filter on the faucet and let the water run through the fabric pouch. Or, after turning on the bath water, just toss the filter in the bathtub and let the water dechlorinate while the tub fills.
Who is New Wave Enviro?
New Wave Enviro was established in 1994 with a focus on providing pure, on-demand water at a reasonable price. New Wave Enviro believed in chlorine-free living and litter-free living long before the current media and consumer trends.
New Wave Enviro manufactures and distributes eco friendly products such as reusable water bottles and water filtration systems which produce high quality, inexpensive purified water from your own Tap. Every New Wave Enviro product emphasizes Green Living.
Green Living is not complete without an on demand source of purified water. They manufacture drinking water filters, shower filters, bathtub filters and “on the go” filters for their corn-based reusable water bottle. All of their filters offer on demand “ all you want anytime you want it purified water”.
As a compliment to their filtration products, they manufacture a complete line of reusable water bottles: Stainless Steel, EastarTM Resin, and Corn Resin. Sizes range from 8 oz to 5 gallon.
Stay tuned for details on how you can win a New Wave Enviro product!
I am thinking about putting new tile in the main living areas of my house. I am wondering if I should choose a neutral colored tile or choose one that is my favorite color – blue. Are there any guidelines about decorating with colored tiles? What should I do?
Suzanne from Columbus, Ohio
There is no right or wrong answer here, only some things to consider to help make the decision that is right for you. Ultimately, you are the person that will live in the space, so with all things considered, you need to be happy in the end.
- You may have always loved a color when it comes to clothes or decorating fabric, but consider the amount of area you will be tiling and that it will be there every single day. A shirt you can change or not wear for a while, but your floors will be there for a very long time. Consider that your taste may change when you look at a lot of the same color every day.
- Ask yourself. How long will you live in the home? Should resale be a consideration? If you are planning on only living in the house for only a few years, it may be best to choose a neutral tile.
- If resale is a consideration and you choose to go with a neutral tile, you can still add accents of blue into your decorating scheme. A rug that incorporates blue would be a great addition and could be changed if you grew tired of it.
- If one of the reasons you are choosing a colored tile is because the room is currently void of color and needs some life, try using items like paint, artwork or fabric to bring that color in.
- As with any tile, the more color range (regardless if the tile is neutral or blue) and movement a tile has, the easier it will be to keep clean.
I hope this information helps. If you are looking for a flooring retailer in the Columbus, Ohio area, give America’s Floor Source a try! Click here for their website.