Are you looking for budget-friendly and quick updates that make for amazing curb appeal? Then you came to the right place! With our top six tips, you can have your neighborhood’s best-looking home in no time. Let’s take a look!
Budget-Friendly Curb Appeal Updates:
1. Fresh Coat of Paint.
Oh, the vast wonders that a can of paint can do. Not only is paint valuable on the inside of your home but it can immensely impact your outdoor area and ultimately, increase your curb appeal. For easy and budget-friendly updates, we recommend repainting items like your front door and window shutters, especially if they are in good condition. A simple coat of paint can bring your home back to life. It will help spruce up any unsightly marks and renews the appearance of your home’s exterior.
2. Updated Hardware.
The next step would be to replace outdated hardware like your door handles and house numbers. You will want to replace your door handles once you repaint your door to ensure no paint drips onto your new hardware. Also, it is important to replace house numbers because it is the first thing that guest will see when they come to your home. If you think about it, when you go to a location for the first time, you are essentially looking for their house numbers and in essence, directly at them. That is why you will want to replace rusted or worn-down house numbers with a more trendy set.
3. New Mailbox.
Another simple tip is to replace your current mailbox. An outdated mailbox can bring down your curb appeal without you even realizing it. Luckily, replacing your mailbox can be inexpensive and a quick fix.
4. Plant Flowers & Trees.
There is nothing better than a little nature for a gorgeous, colorful addition to your home’s exteriors. Try to incorporate some plants throughout your front yard for a little bit of greenery and beauty.
5. Upgrade Exterior Lights.
Not only can exterior lights help with safety and security but they can also help your home look better during the nighttime. Plus, you may find it helpful to add a couple of lights surrounding your walkway to help you get to and from your home during the night.
6. Maintenance & Upkeep.
Maintenance is an essential part to curb appeal. Without proper upkeep, your yard could become messy and undesirable. Be sure to mow your lawn, rake away leaves, and sweep away debris from your sidewalk to keep your home’s exterior in tip-top shape.
We hope you enjoyed these tips and tricks and that your home becomes your neighborhood’s shining star. Be sure to check back weekly for more design and decorating advice.
Summer is already here! While you may have been procrastinating getting the patio squared away so far, it’s now time to shift your focus to this great entertainment space. Summer is a time to gather outside with friends and family, share a meal and enjoy the sunshine. While the cooler months may keep you indoors, summertime helps spread your home’s square-footage out a little more so you and guests have more room to relax. Here are some tips to get this vital space ready to receive guests so all you have to worry about is how much fun you’ll be having.
Organization is your first task. Wayward items have a tendency of finding themselves in odd spaces when life becomes busy and the first place they end up is in rooms that are not seeing as much use. It gives the homeowner time to get things out of their way without putting it away. Now it’s time to clean that mess up. Place items in their proper storage units and survey the things that do belong in the room. Is there anything that can be thrown away from overuse or damage from previous seasons? Now is the time to remove it.
Next, set any damaged but salvageable pieces aside so you can repair them. Place them in an area where they are out of the way but will not be forgotten. Make a list of items needed to fix them and go out as soon as you can to get them. Capitalizing on your momentum is what will see you through this project from beginning to end. Once you’ve got everything in working order, it’s time to clean the area.
Wipe down plastic surfaces, clean or update your seat cushions and throw pillows and place some fresh potted plants throughout the space. Be sure to wipe down tables and chairs so guests won’t stain their hands when touching patio surfaces. If you have an outdoor rug, give it a good vacuum. For outdoor grilling areas, be sure to wipe down food preparation areas and clean grilling utensils as well as your grill rack.
Now get out there and enjoy the rest your summer!
Porches are a long-time American favorite for homeowners who just love being outdoors. From reading a good book to conversations with friends, porches have a special place in all of our hearts. If you want to spruce up your porch for summer, we have five budget-friendly suggestions that will not break your bank.
Five Suggestions for an Inexpensive Porch Makeover:
- A reason to keep your head up: Porches are perfect for enjoying the warm summer months without having to be exposed to harsh sun rays. We are able to enjoy the beautiful weather because of the porch’s roof. You can paint the ceiling of the roof with a fun color to add uniqueness to the outdoor space. Guests’ eyes will be drawn to colorful statement piece and it can add brightness on gloomy days.
- Let’s hang around: Hanging plants are gorgeous and can bring serenity into the outdoor space. Try incorporating some hanging plants in a cluster, all with different lengths and styles. The hanging plants can add greenery and beauty quickly to your space without costing a lot of money.
- Mood swings: We mean the good kind of mood swing, of course. Adding a swing can easily turn a bad day into a great day. Swings are proven to help create relaxation just with a few simple pushes. If you are looking to save money, look for older, used swings from thrift stores and just apply a few coats of new paint.
- Favorable finishes: If you have porch furniture, add some pillows and throw blankets on top of the couches and chairs. They will help give the outdoor space a more cozy and lived-in look. Add some outdoor candles to bring warmth to your outdoor escape.
- Timeless touch-ups: House numbers, the front door, and the porch’s exterior paint can be touched up to improve the appearance and quality of your porch. A new front door may be the most expensive suggestion, but take the time to save money for this investment. Buy some new house numbers that tie in well with your outdoor space and apply paint touch-ups wherever needed on the porch’s exterior.
We hope you take advantage of these simple suggestions and enjoy a relaxing, peaceful summer on your porch.
It is officially the season for barbecues, pool parties, and outdoor entertainment. With the weather warming up, homeowners can look forward to having the chance to entertain outdoors. It is no secret that with hosting guests comes a lot of time and planning. Put your mind at ease this summer by following our easy guide to having an outdoor party.
Guide to Entertaining Outdoors:
- Invites. With every great party comes a guest list. First, you will need to decide on the size of your party. Who are you inviting to the party: is it family only? After you decide on how many people you are inviting, you can set a theme. Are you planning on having a barbecue, pool party, dinner party, etc.? Are children invited?
- Seating. Unless you are planning on having everyone stand the entire time, it is important to make sure you have enough seating options for guests. Things to consider are: if people will outdoors the entire time or if you are having the party be inside and outside. If you are having the party inside and outside, you can get away with providing less seating outdoors. If you are having the party only outdoors, consider a number of people coming and where you want them all to sit.
- Tables. You can set the table similar to how you set your table inside. But instead of using cloth napkins, use paper napkins to make it more casual. If you have enough placemats, incorporate them into the table’s design. Try adding a fun centerpiece from your house to draw guest’s eyes towards the tables.
- The Meal. If you are serving food outdoors, make sure to place it in a shady area. Avoid direct sunlight because it can cause your vegetables to wilt. Your best bet is to serve food that is good at room temperature (grilled kebabs, noodles, beans, etc).
- Lighting. Light up the night with some stringed lighting and candles. You can string the lighting throughout your trees, bushes, and fence. Your candles can serve as a centerpiece during the day and light up your space at night. Try incorporating some insect repelling candles to avoid having your guests get bitten.
- Decor. You can decorate the party with your indoor decorations to save time and money. Take some of your favorite decor pieces from inside and incorporate them into the outdoor’s design.
You can have an outdoor party for basically any reason nowadays. From graduations to get-togethers, our outdoor entertainment guide can help you create the ultimate party.