Why is it important to maintain your carpet? What is involved in maintaining carpet? Here are some quick tips to carpet maintenance.
Carpet that is properly maintained:
- Should last 10-15 years
- Will look great for its full lifetime
- Help improve indoor air quality
- Help adhere to your carpet warranty
- Prevents you from having to replace prematurely
Three simple steps for proper carpet care – According to the Carpet and Rug Institute:
- Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum.
- with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil quicker.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime.
- Take your shoes off before entering your home
- Use walk off mats at every entrance
- Change your air filters (the less dust there is in the air, the less dust that can fall on your carpet!)
Take care of your carpet and it will take care of you (and the environment!)