If you love to cook, you probably spend a lot of time in your kitchen. Even if you don’t love to cook, but you have a family, you probably still spend a lot of time in your kitchen. Why not make your kitchen so beautiful that you want to spend as much time as you can in it!?!
This kitchen is a great example of one I would want to spend a lot of time in. There’s lots of space, plenty of color, a variety of textures and even a whimsical element in the furniture.
Let’s take a look at some of the features in this kitchen that make it unique and give it a look and feel that encourages you to spend time in it!
- Notice the pattern of the floor tile. There is not only a beautiful tile that shows color and range, but it is mixed with metal accents. The floor starts out straight around the perimeter and then is divided by a metal floor border. Then, inside the border the direction the tile is laid changes to a diagonal install with metal accent dots in the alternating intersections of the joints.
- The warmness of the floor compliments the color of the cabinets well. Then, notice how the countertop does an excellent job of tying the colors in the floor and the colors in the cabinet together. Note how things blend and coordinate, but do not match.
- The designer chose to go with a lighter, more neutral backsplash and use a pattern to set the tile for the focus rather than introducing more color. It serves as a nice restful backdrop for the decorative items displayed on the counter.
- Of course there has to be a comment about the whimsical Picasso barstools. The finish on the stools ties in well with the color of the cabinet hardware. The seat cushion brings in the warmth of the wall color -all while introducing an element of fun!
- Overall, this kitchen achieves a feeling of warmth and comfort while being extremely functional and not to mention – easy to keep clean!
What are your thoughts on this kitchen? What would you change? Does the warmth and color scheme appeal to you?