I began writing today’s post to talk about dark floors and whether or not they make a room feel smaller and I began by saying that I get this question almost as often as I get the question “What type of floors should I use?”. So, I thought it would be fun to do a series on the top 10 most frequently asked flooring questions. Below is a list of questions that we will be posting answers to over the next 2 weeks. Your job is to tell me if you’ve had this same question or if I didn’t include a question that you would like the answer to!
10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Flooring and Design
1. Will dark floors make my room look smaller?
2. What type of floors should I use?
3. Is laminate a good choice for homes with kids and pets?
4. Will small tiles help a small room appear larger?
5. Can I pick out the pieces of travertine or slate that I want to use so that they all look like the sample?
6. Does carpet cushion really matter?
7. How can I tell what my flooring will look like when it’s installed in my home?
8. Is carpet a bad choice if I have allergies?
9. Should I use the same floor that my mother/neighbor/best friend used because it sure looks good in her house?
10. Won’t it be cheaper if I buy my floors and install them myself?
There are dozens more questions out there and we will address those in future posts, but for now, enjoy learning the answers to those questions that you and many others have had!