If building a house is in your future there are many things to think about and consider. Below are some helpful tips that will hopefully keep you from saying, “I wish I had thought of that!”
- Window Shape: When I built my house I was set on having bamboo shades. It wasn’t till after I moved in that I discovered bamboo shades couldn’t be customized to an arched window. This actually made a lot of sense, but I had not thought about it when we were designing the window shapes in the house.
- Master Shower: This is a brilliant idea instead of installing shelves in the corners of the shower for your shampoo. You can do pocket shelves on the same wall as the shower knob. This provides a dry area for all your shower essentials and keeps things neat, tidy, handy, and dry!
- Hallways: For an added touch use arch niches in your hallway. This is great for a picture or plant. Don’t forget the accent light!
- Entry Area: An insert of tile or slate is the perfect solution for keeping your wood floors from getting moisture from rain and snow. It’s easy to maintain and worry free.
- Carpet: Make sure you get a good carpet pad. A good pad will extend the life of your carpet and you’ll be able to feel the difference on your feet! Also, go one step further and research carpet beyond “base grade”.
You don’t want to miss next week’s post! Megan has even more information she’d like to share. Stay tuned.