Today’s feature is a bathroom shower tile design.Since there are so many combinations you can create with tile, we like to explore those options and point out what makes some of them so interesting.
What makes this shower so charming?
- The first element to notice is the simplicity of the design. It’s simple, yet creative and eye catching.
- The field tile (or main tile) is plain and more than likely, not an expensive tile.
- An accent tile was used to create a custom design. The accent tiles are glass tiles that come assembled on a sheet. The pieces of the sheet were cut into small strips to create this custom design.
- Using a contrasting color helps the design really “pop” more.
- The design helps the shower feel more vertical and horizontal because of the ladder style design.
If we could see more, I’d like to imagine:
- The shower fixtures would be bronze to compliment the color of the glass. (or the towels or light fixtures)
- Some of the extra glass tile used as dots or accents in the floor.
- In addition to more of the glass being used on the floor, it could be used as a sink splash or as the frame around the bathroom mirror.
- Complimentary art that ties in with the shower design.
Things to note:
- When designing with accent tiles like in this shower, the labor costs are more likely to be increased because of the time it takes to create the pattern.
- Glass tile is sold in sheets and normally sold in full boxes only. When considering a design like this, keep the additional amount of material needed in mind when purchasing. The excess tile can be used for arts and crafts projects as well.
What do you like or not like about this shower design? What would you like to envision in the rest of the bathroom?